HB 25, PN 1551 (Grell)- Amends Titles 42 (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) and 57 (Notaries Public) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, enacting uniform laws on attestation in the areas of unsworn foreign declarations and notarial acts; making editorial changes; making related repeals; and abrogating a regulation. A vote of 47-0 was recorded.
HB 421, PN 2357 (Harris)-Amends the Unemployment Compensation Law to prevent an individual from collecting unemployment compensation if they leave work to preserve their pension. Amendment # A03453 was offered by Senator Gordner. The amendment was agreed to and the bill went over in its order.
HB 108, PN 2356 (Micozzie)-Amends the act of May 17, 1921 (P.L.682, No.284), known as The Insurance Company Law of 1921, further providing for definitions, for children’s health care and for expiration. Senator Stack offered Amendment # A03507. The amendment was agreed and the bill went over in its order.
The Senate approved the following executive nominations by a vote of 47-0
- Paul J. Kelly III, State Board of Accountancy
- Albert E. Trexler, State Board of Accountancy
- Bruce R. Clash, Children’s Trust Fund
- Harry Hamilton, Children’s Trust Fund
- Abbie R.Newman, R.N., J.D., Children’s Trust Fund
- Honorable Shawn Wagner, Children’s Trust Fund
- Debora S. Neatock, State Board of Cosmetology
- Susan Philo, State Board of Cosmetology
- Fred A. Rinaldi, Pa. Economic Development Finance Authority
- Richard L. Frerichs, Council of Trustees of Millersville University
- William B. McLlwaine, Ed.D. Council of Trustees of Millersville University
- Brian Rider, Council of Trustees of Millersville University
- Gerald S. Robinson, Esquire, Council of Trustees of Millersville University
- Jesse W. Topper, State Board of Nursing
- Ralph Schmeltz, MD, FACP, FACE, State Board of Podiatry
Edward D. Snell, M.D., State Board of Podiatry
H.F. (Gerry) Lenfest, Board. Of Trustees of Temple University