HB 89, PN 744 (Marsico) – Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) providing for DARE plate and for payments to special funds. A vote of 47-0 was recorded.
SB 491, PN 1845 (Folmer) – Amends the Local Tax Enabling Act, providing for the definition of “farming”; and further providing for declaration and payment of income taxes and for withholding and remittance. A vote of 47-0 was recorded.
SB 997, PN 1177 (Smith) – Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) in general provisions, further providing for definitions; and, in special vehicles and pedestrians, providing for operation of pedalcycles with electric assist. A vote of 47-0 was recorded.
HB 1719, PN 2699 (Gingrich) – Amends Titles 8 (Boroughs and Incorporated Towns) and 44 (Law and Justice) consolidating The Borough Code; making revisions concerning definitions, applications, certificates, eligibility, collection of taxes, appointments and incompatible offices, council’s powers, specific powers, preparation of plans and specifications and contracts, assessments, removal of elected official and appointee, recreation board and authority, ordinances and resolutions; making an editorial change; and making a related repeal.
Senator Eichelberger offered amendment A06409 which was technical in nature. The amendment was agreed to and the bill went over as amended.
SR 250, PN 1547 (Argall) – A Resolution directing the Legislative Budget and Finance Committee to conduct a study relating to the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of merging public school district health care plans.
Senator Argall offered amendment A06330 which altered the date the Legislative Budget and Finance Committee report its findings and recommendations to November 30, 2014. The amendment was agreed to and the resolution was adopted by the Senate.
The following nominees were confirmed by a vote of 47-0:
- Dr. Meghann Pierdon, Animal Health and Diagnostic Commission (new appointment)
- Diana Bucco, Children’s Trust Fund Board (new appointment)
- George A. Durrwachter, Council of Trustees of Lock Haven University (reappointment)
- Daniel B. Elby, Council of Trustees of Lock Haven University (reappointment)
- Guy A. Graham, Council of Trustees of Lock Haven University (reappointment)
- Roy A. Powell, Esquire, Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (new appointment)
- Tammy J. Martin, Board of Trustees of White Haven Center (reappointment)
- Ronald A. Arnoni, Magisterial District Judge – Allegheny County (new appointment)
- Wendy B. Roberts, Magisterial District Judge – Delaware County (new appointment)