Monday, June 23, 2014
SB 1155, PN 2112 (Scarnati) – Amends the Surface Mining Conservation and Reclamation Act, establishing the Aggregate Advisory Board. A vote of 50-0 was recorded.
SB 1207, PN 2116 (Pileggi)– Amends the act entitled “An act authorizing cities of the first class and second class to invest all funds received and deposited with the city treasurer in certain commercial paper under certain terms and conditions,” providing for investment of public corporation or authority funds. A vote of 50-0 was recorded.
SB 1409, PN 2157 (Rafferty) – Amends the Board of Vehicles Act providing for unlawful acts by manufacturers or distributors.
Senator Rafferty offered amendment A07910 which limits the number of electric car dealerships a manufacturer or distributor may own, operate or control to five. The amendment was agreed to and the bill went over as amended.
SB 1422, PN 2141 (Tomlinson) – Amends Title 42 (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) in particular rights and immunities, providing for successor business entity liability. A vote of 50-0 was recorded.
SR 62, PN 753 (McIlhinney)– Directs the Legislative Budget and Finance Committee to study new approaches to family work support programs. The resolution was adopted.
The following nominees were confirmed by a vote of 50-0:
- Dolly M. Lalvani, State Board of Accountancy (new appointment)
- Tina O. Miller, State Board of Accountancy (new appointment)
- Joseph D. Pasquarella, State Board of Certified Real Estate Appraisers (new appointment)
- Jade Roetz, State Board of Cosmetology (new appointment)
- Jonathan H. Newman, State Harness Racing Commission (new appointment)
- James Adams, Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission (new appointment)
- Brian J. Fill, State Board of Optometry (reappointment)
- Marla J. Wasson, State Board of Optometry (new appointment)
- Craig L. DeFranco, State Board of Pharmacy (new appointment)
- Helen Hanna Casey, State Planning Board (new appointment)
- Alexander Graziani, State Planning Board (reappointment)
- David Sciocchetti, State Planning Board (reappointment)
- Ryan Devlin, Professional Standards and Practices Commission (new appointment)
- Vito J. DonGiovanni, State Board of Psychology (new appointment)
- Richard F. Small, State Board of Psychology (reappointment)
- Anthony W. Salomone, Public Employee Retirement Commission (reappointment)
- Joseph Tarantino, State Real Estate Commission (reappointment)
- James Kingsborough, State Transportation Commission (new appointment)
- James A. Minor, State Board of Vehicle Manufacturers, Dealers & Salesperson (reappointment)
- Douglas J. Ayers, State Board of Veterinary Medicine (new appointment)
- Craig J. Lutz, Board of Trustees of Wernersville State Hospital (new appointment)