SB 81, PN 1862: The bill amends the Liquor Code by further defining eligible entity, providing for general powers of the board, for wine marketing, and for interlocking business prohibition. The Senate concurred in House amendments, as amended by the Senate by a vote of 39-10.
SB 85, PN 1766: This bill amends the Administrative Code by allowing for the Environmental Quality Board to have an independent counsel to assist the board in its review of proposed and final rulemakings, and all other matters before the board. A vote of 48-1 was recorded.
HB 464, PN 3559: The bill amends Act 62 of 1947 by prohibiting the use of automated ticket purchasing software for the purchase of entertainment tickets over an Internet website. A vote of 49-0 was recorded.
SR 253, PN 1710: This resolution directs the Joint State Government Commission to establish an advisory committee to study the problem of human trafficking. The Senate agreed to the adoption.
SR 256, PN 1722: This resolution urges the United States Congress to enact H.R. 4542 entitled the “Stopping Criminal Trials for Guantanamo Terrorists Act of 2010.” A vote of 46-3 was recorded on the resolution.
The Senate approved the following nominations by a vote of 49-0:
- Colonel Jeffrey R. Elliott, Brigadier General, Pennsylvania Army National Guard
- Colonel Michael R. Evans, Brigadier General, Pennsylvania Army National Guard
- Colonel Timothy J. Hilty, Brigadier General, Pennsylvania Army National Guard
- Colonel Andrew P. Schafer, Jr., Brigadier General, Pennsylvania Army National Guard
- Hon. Harriet Dichter, Secretary of Public Welfare