Norristown, PA − September 17, 2021 − Senator Amanda M. Cappelletti (D, Montgomery, Delaware) shared the following with her constituents today. Following Hurricane Ida, which has caused significant damage to the homes, assets, and other property of constituents, Senator Cappelletti is alerting residents to the resources available as they move through the recovery process.
FEMA Resources: If you have been affected by Hurricane Ida, you can apply for aid by registering online at http://DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). The application deadline is Tuesday, November 9, 2021.
- Individuals with hearing and/or speech impairments can call 1-800-462-7585.
- If you need help applying for aid, call my office at 610-768-4200.
- Supplemental Resources:
- If you have applied for FEMA aid and are waiting to hear from an adjuster, please answers calls from unknown numbers and area codes. FEMA adjusters come from all over the country.
- Additionally, if you have insurance, please report the damage to them as you wait to hear from FEMA. Take pictures of your damages. Make a list of lost or damaged property. This will aid you in your recovery process.
- Montgomery Count, Report Damages: https://www.montcopa.org/3878/Hurricane-Ida
- Delaware County Updates: https://www.delcopa.gov/publicrelations/releases.html
- See the Attorney General’s warning against scams here.
- See the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance’s information for homeowners and business owners here.
- Senator Cappelletti’s office can be reached by email at email@example.com.
- Norristown Office: 610-768-4200
- Ardmore Office: 610-896-2832
***Important note: Be aware of scams! Homeowners may see more instances of scams related to home improvement contracting and government loans or grants. Legitimate contractors and government agencies will not send Pennsylvanians unsolicited offers.***