Allegheny County – September 22, 2023 – Today, Senator Wayne Fontana announced $2,642,757 in funding for 42nd District-based agencies and organizations from the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD). This funding provides critical funding for victim services, law enforcement, and other public safety initiatives.
“I am grateful to the PCCD for taking meaningful steps towards building a safer and more secure environment for everyone,” said Sen. Fontana. “With Federal, state, county, and local non-profits working together, we can create a positive impact and ensure the well-being of our community.”
Awardees in the 42nd District include:
- Allegheny County – $1,338,249 in Continuing County Adult Program and Parole Grant Funds
- Allegheny Chief Executive Officer – $228,945 in Federal Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Funds
- Allegheny County Police Department – $35,547 in Federal Project Safe Neighborhood funding
- CASA of Allegheny County – $6,035 in VOCA Funds for Training of CASA Volunteers
- A Child’s Place PA – $175,899 in VOCA Funds and $212,276 in State Endowment Act funds for Greene County satellite development
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association – $645,806 in VOCA Funds for Legal Aid for Domestic Violence Survivors & Crime Victims
Sen. Fontana has secured over $5.6 million in PCCD funding for organizations and communities in the 42nd District this year.
The PA Commission on Crime and Delinquency awarded nearly $80 million to 256 projects this week. You can learn more about the awardees and the PCCD at its website, www.pccd.pa.gov.