HARRISBURG – April 25, 2019 – The state Senate and House Democratic Policy committees will hold a joint public hearing Monday on legalizing recreational marijuana for adults.
The hearing is scheduled for Monday, April 29 at 10 a.m. in Hearing Room #1, North Office Building, Harrisburg.
The Democratic lawmakers will receive testimony from Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, who has held 50 “listening tour” public meetings around the state on the issue since he took office this year. The following are also expected to testify:
- Brad Winnick, President, Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Larry Krasner, District Attorney of Philadelphia
- Roz McCarthy, Minorities for Medical Marijuana
- Corrine Ogrodnik, Maitri Medicinals
- Steve Reilly, General Counsel, INSA
- Patrick Nightingale, Pittsburgh NORML
- John T. Adams, Berks County District Attorney, Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association
- Judy Wicks, Small Business Owner
- William Jones, Smart Approaches to Marijuana
- Gabriel Perlow, Pennsylvania Cannabis Coalition
The hearing will be jointly chaired by state Sen. Lisa Boscola (D-Northampton/Lehigh) and state Rep. Mike Sturla (D-Lancaster).
Media coverage is welcome.
# # #